The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) is seeking applicants to their internship program in conjunction with PestWorld 2016, October 18-21, 2016 at the Washington Convention Center in Seattle, Washington. PestWorld is the largest annual gathering in the world of pest management professionals and draws thousands of participants representing every area of the pest management industry.
In exchange for working at the PestWorld 2016 convention under the direction of NPMA professional staff, interns will receive:
- One full registration for the entire four day meeting, which includes an educational program, general sessions with keynote presentations, exhibit hall admission, and meal functions, including receptions. Interns will be encouraged to participate in all PestWorld 2016 activities when not assigned work tasks.
- Lodging (double assigned occupancy) plus breakfast and lunch each day.
- $250 cash stipend to help with expenses.
- Opportunity to speak as part of the PestWorld 2016 educational program. PestWorld interns will have the opportunity to present a 20 minute talk about their current research as part of the 2016 Intern Showcase scheduled on Thursday, October 20th.
Applicants must provide their own transportation to the event. To apply, applicants should email the following to Jim Fredericks by 5 PM EST, September 15, 2016.
- Current resume or CV
- Cover letter explaining your interest in participating in the internship program and how it will be beneficial to your career.
- Names of two academic references
- Title and 150 word synopsis of the 20 minute educational presentation you would like to present as part of the PestWorld 2016 educational program.
Applicants will be notified of their status by Monday, September 19.