Pollinator protection, biopesticide technology, and resistance management will be featured at the 9th International Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Symposium, March 19-22, 2018 at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel in Baltimore, Maryland USA. The symposium is the premier global event for networking with leading scientists and learning the latest technologies for effectively managing pests. Those who register by February 19 will pay a reduced price. https://ipmsymposium.org/2018/registration.html
- Opening keynote presentation by Dr. Dini M. Miller, Professor, Virginia Tech University, and Urban Pest Management Specialist, State of Virginia, and an internationally recognized expert in the area of urban pest management, specializing in bed bug and German cockroach biology, behavior, and control
- Mini-symposia featuring experts addressing hot topics in the IPM field
- More than 40 concurrent sessions designed for practitioners, growers, educators, consultants, researchers, industry professionals, students, and employees of non-governmental organizations
- A specialized day-long workshop, “Integrated Tick Management: Community-Wide Action to Address the Global Tick Problem
- Presentation of the 2018 IPM Achievement Awards
- Over 170 poster presentations of research and best practices
- Field trips to see IPM in action in downtown Baltimore
- Exhibits from leading IPM suppliers
The Symposium opens on Monday, March 19 at 5:00 PM with the keynote presentation and announcement of the 2018 IPM Achievement Awards. The closing session will end at 11:45 AM on Thursday, March 22.
Register by February 19 and take advantage of the early bird price of $375. The registration fee includes admission to all symposium sessions, Wednesday poster session reception, three continental breakfasts, and refreshment breaks. Fees will increase after February 19. For registration visit https://ipmsymposium.org/2018/registration.html
Accommodation information can be found on the website: https://ipmsymposium.org/2018/accommodations.html. The room block is released February 19; don’t miss out on staying at the symposium hotel, Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, 202 East Pratt Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21202 USA.
Exhibit space still available: Don’t miss this opportunity to promote your organization’s products, mission and services to an audience of pest management scientists, researchers, practitioners, and professionals. Rate increases after February 1. More information available here: https://ipmsymposium.org/2018/sponsors_exhibitors.html
Meeting space is still available for groups or organizations to meet before/after the Symposium. Meeting rooms are also available in the evenings during the event for informal conferences. Sunday and Friday space will be released back to the hotel on February 1.
Additional program Information is being added to the Web site regularly, so bookmark https://ipmsymposium.org/2018/index.html and visit often.
Please share this announcement with your colleagues.
Contact Michelle Marquart, Symposium Coordinator, to learn more about attending, exhibiting at or contributing to the Symposium.