- This event has passed.
IAQ Knowledge-to-Action Professional Training Webinar Series
May 4, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Using Data to Drive Buy-In and Funding to Reduce Asthma Triggers: The Value Proposition of School IAQ Management
Date: Thursday, May 4, 2017
Time: 1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m. EDT
Webinar participants will learn how to—
• Harness the power of evaluation to develop a business case, a value proposition and a communication strategy that generates broader acceptance of, compliance with and funding for indoor air quality (IAQ) management, with a specific focus on reducing asthma triggers.
• Design and successfully implement a strategy to identify, collect and use data with low-cost, easy-to-use tools (e.g., the School IAQ Assessment Mobile App) to start, improve or sustain a comprehensive IAQ and asthma management program.
• Employ evidence-based strategies and proven practices that are being used in school-based health centers across the country to reduce exposure to environmental asthma triggers.
• Replicate the strategies used by a school district that successfully reduced asthma attacks, increased attendance and improved academic performance through effective implementation of the “Communicate” and “Evaluate” Key Drivers of the IAQ Tools for Schools Framework.
Featured IAQ Experts
• Tracy Enger, Facilitator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Indoor Environments Division
• Diane Rhodes, Asthma Awareness Education Program, Assistant Director, Health Services, North East Independent School District, TX
• Anne Kelsey Lamb, Director, Regional Asthma Management and Prevention Program, CA
Learn more about the IAQ Knowledge-to-Action Professional Training Webinar Series here.