This position reports directly to the owners of Champlain Orchards and will work closely with senior management. The Product Operations Manager will plan, organize and oversee production, packaging and transportation of the fresh apples and other products produced at the orchard and is responsible for all food safety certifications such as GAP, HACCP, FSMA etc.
- Planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes
- Organizing and adjusting production schedules as needed
- Assessing project and resources requirements
- Estimating, negotiating and agreeing budgets and timescales with clients and managers
- Cost of Goods Analysis and determining product pricing strategy
- Determining quality control standards
- Overseeing production processes in Packing, Sweet Cider, Bakery and Value-added products
- Selecting, ordering, purchasing and inventory of, materials
- Selection and maintenance of production equipment
- Monitoring product standards and implementing quality control programs
- Liaison with buyers, marketing and sales staff
- Supervising, motivating and reviewing the work of a team of workers and identifying needs
- Working with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals
- Ensuring health and safety guidelines are followed
- Inspecting food production equipment to ensure they are operational and in good working order for food processing.
- Ensuring compliance with all internal and external food production regulations and legislation.
- A degree in Business/Management and/or 3 – 5 years’ experience in production and related field
- A degree in mechanical and process engineering is desirable
- IT, technical and numerical skills
- Project management skills
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work under pressure and inspire and motivate a team of workers
- The capacity to grasp concepts easily and think critically and creatively
- Attention to detail
- Superior communication and information dissemination skills
- Strong negotiating and problem-solving skills
Working Hours: 40 – 50 hours per week. Extended hours may be required to meet deadlines or introduce new systems.
Please apply to email@example.com and attach your current, relevant Resume, 3 professional references and a cover letter
or by completing a Champlain Orchards Job Application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org