Website Albert Lea Seed
COVER CROP AGRONOMIST/PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Albert Lea Seed is seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as Cover Crop Agronomist/Program Coordinator who will direct, participate and manage cover crop seed business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(The following list is not a comprehensive but highlights the major areas of responsibility for the position)
- Manage Product Portfolio
- Characterize existing product and develop sales information (product descriptions, tech sheets, catalogs).
- Research and evaluate new product and opportunities for business fit.
- Understand industry trends in both organic and conventional agriculture and how the business should adjust.
- Understand government incentive programs and how they affect our customers and influence our product line.
- Collaborate with purchasing team on production or procurement of products.
- Product Sales
- Lead salesperson of cover crop products and cover crop mixtures.
- Field and process in-store and over-the-phone sales to retail and wholesale customers.
- Learn how all cover crop species fit into organic and conventional crop rotation and the purposes they serve on the farm such as ground cover, erosion control, soil health, fertility management, or grazing.
- Be familiar with and process sales of other seed offerings such as corn, soybean, small grain, and forages.
- Sales Training
- Educate staff and dealer network on product agronomic basics, selection, and farm placement.
- Provide support on management of cover crops (fit in crop rotation, herbicide restrictions, planting, terminating, livestock forage opportunity, etc.).
- Outreach and Market Development
- Build market presence and increase sales.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, seed providers and research organizations relating to cover crops.
- Organization and execution of on-farm plots and field days.
- Collaborate with marketing team on sales objectives and contribute to development of marketing content including video, digital and print.
- Continuing education
- Attend field days, university events and conferences.
- Special coursework as needed to increase knowledge.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, state and federal law licensing requirements regarding seed sales and treatment.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and training sessions as required by the Albert Lea Seed House.
- Perform other job and work related responsibilities, tasks and projects as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, prioritize and organize to effectively manage multiple projects and activities with minimal direction. Respond to change in a flexible manner to meet evolving department needs.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing – is comfortable and effective at speaking to groups of employees. Is cooperative, accommodating and exhibits a customer service attitude.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills – is comfortable on camera and can speak impromptu.
- Exhibit a high degree of ethical conduct and discretion. Exercise good judgement and exemplify professional behavior at all times with accountability, integrity and follow-through.
- Remain current on all required trainings and certifications.
- Adhere to department procedures regarding punctuality and attendance and exhibit flexibility and cooperation with shift scheduling.
- Support Albert Lea Seed’s mission.
Education, Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy along with 3-5 years cover crop industry related experience required. Master of Science degree or research experience a plus.
- Computer proficiency in MS office products and Outlook. Ability to learn database software (ex: Pilot, Freightview).
- Strong organization and communication skills, attention to detail and ability to set appropriate boundaries with staff and customers.
- Knowledge of seed species and varieties.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance and 50+ pounds with assistance.
- Bending, twisting and reaching conducive to both an office and warehouse environment.
To express interest, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com