Website IPM Institute of North America, Inc.
February 2, 2020
Position: Executive Director, IPM Institute
Full-time management and lead outreach position available with rapidly growing, independent non-profit organization working to improve sustainability in agriculture and communities. Position is based in Madison, WI.
Responsibilities include direction and continued development of programs to promote Integrated Pest Management (IPM), help food companies and growers reduce pesticide use and risk, accelerate the adoption of regenerative agriculture and other sustainable practices in agriculture and communities. This includes overseeing the IPM Institute’s Partnership for Ag Resource Management (PARM) program with ag retailers, the Sustainable Food Group (SFG), working with large food supply chains to create sustainable, high-impact outcomes, and our community IPM initiatives. Responsibilities also include reaching annual revenue goals through prospect identification, cultivation, proposal development and solicitation.
The successful candidate will report to the IPM Institute board of directors to set and implement strategy; lead a team of talented professionals; manage outreach to new potential partners; manage key client and vendor relationships; develop, maintain and meet timelines and budgets; ensure cost-efficient operations; and direct and manage our internal support team to ensure operational excellence and continue to grow partnerships and impacts. This individual will manage relationships with clients, ensure compliance with best practices and legal requirements, and will serve as the lead for external communications with collaborators, potential participants, media and others.
This is an excellent opportunity for a mid to late-career professional with a deep understanding of agriculture to generate positive impacts. Time commitment is full-time (100%).
Experience and qualifications:
- Leadership experience including multiple years in a management capacity; strong enthusiasm for working with teams to develop and maintain sustainable company culture.
- Demonstrated ability to identify mission-related challenges, envision positive change and work creatively to set strategies and achieve objectives.
- Successful track record developing and directing impactful projects including setting and meeting budgets, managing staff and client relationships.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, networking, advocacy and decision-making skills.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Deep understanding of and experience in agriculture.
Salary and benefits:
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Submit resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications and including references and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not contact references without prior approval. All applications will be held in confidence.
- Available immediately. Position will remain posted until filled.
The IPM Institute was formed in 1998 to leverage marketplace power to improve health and environment through Integrated Pest Management and other best practices. Our team currently includes 20 motivated individuals working on more than a dozen major projects. Clients and funders include USDA, McKnight Foundation, Great Lakes Protection Fund, Sysco, Potato Sustainability Alliance, Frontier Co-op and others. Major projects include the Sustainable Food Group, Partnership for Ag Resource Management, Sysco Sustainable/IPM Initiative, Green Shield Certified and IPM STAR, Midwest Grows Green, Tick IPM Working Group and others.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com