Website IPM Institute of North America
Management and lead outreach position available with rapidly growing, independent non-profit organization working to improve sustainability in agriculture and communities through market-based mechanisms.
Primary responsibility (50%) includes directing and managing the Potato Sustainability Initiative (PSI), a growing, pre-competitive collaboration of North American potato buyers, processors and growers initiated in 2010 to continuously improve all aspects of sustainable potato production. The IPM Institute has served in a lead support role for PSI since 2010, providing science-based guidance and administrative support.
The successful candidate will work under the direction of the PSI governance committee and the IPM Institute director to set and implement strategy; manage key participant and vendor relationships; develop, maintain and meet timelines and budgets; ensure cost-efficient operations; and direct and manage our internal support team to ensure operational excellence and continue to grow impacts and membership including financially supporting members. This individual will manage relationships with IT, auditing and other key service providers, ensure compliance with best practices and legal requirements, and will serve as the lead for external communications with collaborators, potential participants, media and others.
This is an excellent opportunity for a mid or late career professional with a deep understanding of agriculture to generate positive impacts for all participants in the potato supply chain including growers and consumers. Time commitment is a minimum of half-time, with additional opportunity available to work up to full time contributing to IPM Institute projects in agriculture and communities including outreach to new potential partners.
Experience and qualifications:
- At least ten years’ experience in agriculture including multiple years in a management capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to identify mission-related challenges, envision positive change and work creatively to set strategies and achieve objectives.
- Successful track record developing and directing impactful projects including setting and meeting budgets, managing staff and client relationships.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, networking, advocacy and decision-making skills.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Leadership experience in non-profit and/or agriculture-related organizations, potato experience a plus.
- Qualified candidates seeking part or full time responsibilities will be considered, minimum half-time commitment required.
Salary and benefits:
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Submit resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications and including references and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not contact references without prior approval. All applications will be held in confidence.
- Available immediately. Position will remain posted until filled.
The IPM Institute was formed in 1998 to leverage marketplace power to improve health and environment through Integrated Pest Management and other best practices. Our team currently includes 20 motivated individuals working on more than a dozen major projects. Clients and funders include USDA, US EPA, Lamb Weston, McCain Foods, Simplot, Sysco, Whole Foods Market and others. Major projects include the Sustainable Food Group, Potato Sustainability Initiative, Sysco Sustainable/IPM Initiative, Green Shield Certified and IPM STAR, Tick IPM Working Group and others.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com