Website Agrilife Extension
Develops, delivers, teaches, implements, and evaluates programs, services, products and/or processes. Provide regional leadership and training in urban structural IPM programming in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and counties covered by the Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center located in Dallas, Texas. Outreach efforts will focus on urban clientele and Pest Management Professionals (PMP’s) involved in managing structural pests, pests associated with landscaping (i.e., mosquitoes, fire ants, occasional invaders, nuisance ants, etc.) and pests associated with urban environment food supply (stored products, restaurants, grocers, distribution, etc.). Additionally, this position will provide support and training to County Agents, and county educational programming. This position will also offer training and CEU support to urban PMP’s with emphasis on trainings involving the IPM Experience House. The goal of this position is to develop IPM tactics and educate PMP’s and the public, thus enabling safe, sustainable, and effective home and business pest management. This position will be expected to conduct applied research in structural pest management to facilitate extension and outreach programming. Support of the mission of the Department of Entomology is expected including, but not limited to, the securing of extramural funding, scholarly publication, and active participation in professional societies. As opportunities arise, the incumbent should form partnerships with on- and off-campus faculty to address stakeholder needs.
Provides program leadership, organizational support and manages projects. Develops, delivers, teaches, implements, and evaluates programs, services, products and/or processes.
· Provides expertise for disciplinary, multi-disciplinary, and/or interdisciplinary programming and projects of the agency. Coordinates agency activities within appropriate units and individuals to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
· Determines the type of educational products and reports needed to meet the needs of external and internal clientele.
· Produces educational programs and services utilizing available technology in program development and delivery. Utilizes feedback and evaluations to improve teaching effectiveness.
· Develops effective learning environments for adult and/or youth audiences. Identifies trains and supports volunteers to enhance effective adult and/or youth education programs.
· Other duties as required.
Facilities: The Dallas Center houses over 25 Research and Extension faculty, providing excellent opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration. Facilities provided include the IPM Experience House, laboratory, and office space, plus a variety of training locations at this location. Applied research can be conducted in a variety of structural pest control settings based on the trial. This position is considered non-faculty.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in entomology or closely related field.
- Five years of related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- M.S. (completed or anticipated completion by September 1, 2022) in entomology or a closely related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, database, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Quantifiable knowledge and experience in the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of experiments and educational programming of structural pest management tactics is essential. Ability to work closely with diverse audiences, to communicate effectively (both oral and written) and to function effectively as a team member and leader.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply for this job please visit tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.