Website Iron Ox
Iron Ox is unique, innovative, and efficient. Are you?
Do you want to change the way produce is grown? Do you want to help provide the planet with a sustainable and scalable farm system? Tired of thinking small? Tired of fractional changes each season? Would you like to be part of the team developing a revolutionary and real farming business? If you answered these questions with “yes” or” of course!” then check out this opportunity at Iron Ox.
If you are an experienced hydroponic greenhouse grower who has a passion for sustainable produce and you are ready to work with front-runners in “Agribotics,” we are looking for you! We are seeking an exceptional professional grower for the position of Head Grower. Reporting directly to the Head of Ops, this position is ideal for someone who is an expert in greenhouse growing and production management, with an innovative and hands- on approach, and phenomenal leadership and teamwork abilities.
The successful candidate will have the enthusiasm, credibility, openness, and maturity to engage and collaborate with growers, engineers, roboticists, programmers, agricultural experts, management team colleagues, board members, and investors. As part of our elite team, you will be “the expert” in growing, and will be an integral part of this collaborative and innovative endeavor. This is not a situation in which you will be going to work and doing the same old thing every day. Quite the contrary, you will be going to work every day to invent an entirely new approach to farming and feeding the world.
The Head Grower will firstly help develop the process and then manage the production of the world’s first robotic growing platform and deliver the optimal consumer experience. From there, you will be vital to scaling this platform across North America and beyond.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Lead Company’s greenhouse production operations
- Implement the best production practices in order to assure the highest quality produce
- Co-develop SOPs for this NEW way to farm
- Responsible for budgets (yield, labor and other COGS)
- Manage the greenhouse planting plan, the labor needs (including training, developing/evaluating the labor force), IPM, and the COGS
- Development of new growing methods
- Monitor/develop methods to reduce costs/increase efficiencies and overall asset
- Prepare harvest and packing schedules
- Lead innovation process to advance new varieties of lettuce
- Manage labor challenges
- Responsible for forecasting
- Manage the fertilizer recipes
- Manage the irrigation and environmental systems
- Contribute to the identification of the best practices in production, that will ensure innovation and competitiveness for the long term and develop plans to fully capture their value
- Build an organization and climate for operational effectiveness
- Assess key technical skills sets and talent to support succession planning and long-term recruitment plans
- Contribute to broader strategic debates for the organization
- An open mind and entrepreneurial spirit
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy or equivalent preferred
- Experience in and in-depth knowledge of greenhouse growing vegetable crops
- Knowledge of plant propagation, greenhouse and field production methods
- Creative, innovative, and results-focused thinking
- Strong sense of ownership, leadership and commitment to excellence
- Ability to use sound judgement to solve complex problems and carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision. Detail-oriented, yet able to see the big picture
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands; multi-tasking capacity critical
- Communicate effectively and professionally in both oral and written communication
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Ability to foster positive relationships with vendors, clients, and company team members
- Ability to handle rapidly changing situations in a dynamic and evolving environment
Caryn Wong, Joe Produce Search – (916) 365-9881 or email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org