Website IFOAM North America
IFOAM North America is a new regional body of the world’s first international organization for organic agriculture. IFOAM NA’s Mission is to educate the public, provide a forum to exchange ideas and engage in North American-specific activities to advance organic agriculture and its principles, in partnership with IFOAM Organics International and the global organic community. IFOAM NA’s mandate is to provide service and support to members in Canada, Jamaica, the US, and Trinidad.The Executive Director reports to the IFOAM North America (IFOAM NA) Board of Directors to implement the IFOAM NA Strategic Plan within the budget approved by the Board, to represent IFOAM in various venues; and to execute all other tasks required to fulfill IFOAM NA’s mission and implement its strategic plan.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: funding strategy development, membership recruitment strategy development, organizing annual membership meetings, representing IFOAM NA at events in Canada and US and online communication strategy development.
• Demonstrated commitment to IFOAM principles and organic agriculture.
• Experience with membership recruitment.
• Minimum three years-experience in fundraising and grant writing.
• Minimum three years-experience in non-profit management.
• Proven English language communication skills.
• Working familiarity with computer systems.
• An understanding of Canadian-US international relations pertaining to organic agriculture.
• Proficiency in French or Spanish is an asset.
• Six-month contract, with possible six-month renewal.
• Compensation: $6,000 maximum.
• Contractor to provide own office space, computer, phone, internet, and office supplies.
• Legal status to work in the US and Canada.
• Travel required.
To apply please submit a cover letter proposing how you would advance IFOAM’s priorities and implement the activities above, including the basis for compensation and evaluation, a resume, and three references to email@example.com. Contract will be open until filled. Proposals received by December 14, 2018 will be given priority.
To read the full job description click below
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org