Website Gwenyn Hill Farm
Gwenyn Hill Farm is a diverse 430-acre farm situated in the rolling hills of Southeast Wisconsin, about 30 minutes west of Milwaukee. We raise grass-fed livestock and have a certified organic dairy herd. We also grow certified organic produce. We primarily sell direct to local customers.
Gwenyn Hill Farm is hiring one full-time, year-round Perennials Manager, responsible for the
care, maintenance of a four-acre orchard of tree fruit and berries, and a half-acre vineyard of
hardy table grapes. New installations include asparagus and rhubarb. In addition, there are
perennial landscape installations around the farmhouses and buildings that come under the
care of the perennials manager.
- Care for tree fruit, including pest management, orchard floor management, pruning and
- Manage organic soil building practices.
- Manage irrigation.
- Procure organically allowable fertility inputs based on soil and/or tissue samples.
- Develop appropriate record-keeping systems to comply with organic certification
- Coordinate with other farm personnel for jobs requiring small teams.
Train and supervise seasonal farm personnel while working in the orchard or vineyard.
- Contribute to the planning and acquisition of appropriate technology.
- Contribute to farm educational events, as needed.
Supervision and Training
- Train seasonal/hourly employees in areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to regular employee reviews and goal-setting plans, as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of IPM and organic orchard and vineyard practices.
- Knowledge of perennial plant maintenance. Some design experience is a plus.
- Ability to operate tractors, mowers, sprayers, and skid steers safely.
- Pesticide applicators license or willingness to qualify and become licensed.
- Competence with spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication both within the organization and with
- Productive team membership – able to work independently as well as lead a team.
- Willingness to learn and implement best practices for diverse organic production.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line “Perennials Manager [Your Name].”
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and will be open until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org