IPM Institute of North America Inc.
Full-time position is available with a rapidly growing, independent non-profit organization working to improve agriculture and communities through Integrated Pest Management (IPM), nutrient management and other best practices. The incumbent will coordinate the activities of the Partnership for Ag Resource Management (www.partnershipfarm.org) project team in an effort to promote ag retailer sales of beneficial products and services that improve water quality and soil health in the Great Lakes and Mississippi River Basin. Other responsibilities include grant writing, research and preparation of educational resources. The ideal candidate will be persistent and outgoing and have experience in ag retail and/or environmental stewardship.
- Coordinate campaign to reduce sediment, nutrient and pesticide losses from cropland in the Great Lakes and Mississippi River Basin by increasing effective use of beneficial ag retail products and services, and informing, supporting and activating ag retailers to become sustainability leaders.
- Lead grant proposal development.
- Coordinate team meetings.
- Coordinate development and implementation of tools, resources, continuing education opportunities and cost-share programs.
- Research and develop information on target watersheds, best management practices, beneficial products and services, ag retailer and grower trends as needed.
- Coordinate relationships with grant funders, grant leads and collaborators for which we are subcontractors.
- Track project objectives; coordinate timeline, budgets and progress; complete timely reporting to funders and collaborators.
- Work with outreach coordinator to build partnerships, develop engaging content and keep participant profiles up to date.
- Report to President, IPM Institute of North America, Inc.
Experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in agricultural science, environmental studies or a related field.
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental stewardship and ag resource management.
- Highly motivated and self-directed; ability to work on multiple projects under deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work creatively and adaptively to achieve goals.
- Grant writing and data analysis experience a plus.
Flexible schedule. Hourly wage commensurate with experience. Benefits available include health insurance, dental, SIMPLE IRA plan and paid vacation and holidays.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary history and three professional references to Anna Gudjonsdottir at email@example.com or the address below. We will not contact references without prior approval. All applications will be held in confidence. The position will remain open until filled.