Website IPM Institute of North America, Inc.
Manager position available with an independent non-profit organization working to improve sustainability in agriculture and communities through Integrated Pest Management (IPM). Primary responsibilities are to provide leadership and oversight of the organization’s Sustainable Food Group (SFG) programs. The SFG helps food companies and their supply chains develop science-based, field-level sustainable agriculture marketing programs and grower support. The ideal candidate will possess experience in the field of IPM or closely related-agricultural field and understand issues related to food supply chain sustainability.
The successful candidate will report to the IPM Institute co-director and board president and manage relationships directly with project partners to develop and meet timelines and budgets to ensure cost-efficient operations. The candidate will also direct and manage our internal support team to ensure operational excellence and continue to grow impacts. Additional responsibilities include managing research, development and maintenance of pesticide and pest management metrics for supply chain sustainability programs.
This is an excellent opportunity for a career professional with a deep understanding of agriculture to generate positive impacts for all participants in the food supply chain, including growers and consumers. Strong leadership skills and a proven track record of facilitating strategic planning and establishing working relationships, cooperative arrangements and new collaborations with organizations that share the Institute’s mission are essential.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated passion for food, agriculture and sustainability.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and overcome challenges, work creatively to set strategies and achieve objectives.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, networking, advocacy, and strategic and decision-making skills.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Successful track record managing impactful projects, including setting and meeting budgets, managing staff and client relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in biological sciences related field with management-level experience or above.
- Multiple years of experience in agriculture and/or food industry.
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, references and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Position will remain posted until filled.
- We will not contact references without prior approval. All applications will be held in confidence.
- Position available immediately.
The IPM Institute was formed in 1998 to leverage marketplace power to improve health and environment through Integrated Pest Management and other best practices. Our team currently includes 20 motivated individuals working on more than a dozen major projects. Clients and funders include USDA, US EPA, Lamb Weston, McCain Foods, Simplot, Sysco, Whole Foods Market and others. Major projects include the Sustainable Food Group, Potato Sustainability Initiative, Sysco Sustainable/IPM Initiative, Green Shield Certified and IPM STAR, Tick IPM Working Group and others.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com