Website IPM Institute of North America, Inc.
Management position available in Madison, Wisconsin with a rapidly growing independent non-profit organization working to improve sustainability in agriculture and communities through Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and other best practices. Primary responsibilities are to provide leadership and oversight of the organization’s Sustainable Food Group programs. Our team helps food companies, supply chains, certification programs and others generate and communicate credible, science-based improvements in sustainability outcomes, including through grower support. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated passion for food and agriculture and management experience in sustainable agriculture.
The successful candidate will report to the IPM Institute director and manage relationships with project partners including developing and meet timelines and budgets. The candidate will manage our Sustainable Food Group team to ensure operational excellence and growth in impacts.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional with a deep understanding of agriculture to generate positive impacts. Strong leadership skills and a proven track record of establishing and building productive relationships are essential.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated passion for food, agriculture and sustainability.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and overcome challenges, work creatively to set strategies and achieve objectives.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, networking, advocacy, and strategic and decision-making skills.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Successful track record managing impactful projects, including setting and meeting budgets, managing staff and client relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in biological sciences related field with management-level experience or above.
- Multiple years of experience in agriculture and/or food industry.
Salary and Benefits:
- We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, references and salary history to email@example.com.
- Position will remain posted until filled.
- We will not contact references without prior approval. All applications will be held in confidence.
- Position available immediately.
The IPM Institute was formed in 1998 to leverage marketplace power to improve health and environment through Integrated Pest Management and other best practices. Our team currently includes 20 motivated individuals working on more than a dozen major projects. Clients and funders include USDA, US EPA, Lamb Weston, McCain Foods, Simplot, Sysco, General Mills and others. Major projects include the Sustainable Food Group, Potato Sustainability Initiative, Sysco Sustainable/IPM Initiative, Green Shield Certified and IPM STAR, Tick IPM Working Group and others.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org