Hours: 0.75 FTE to 1.0 FTE
Wage: $14.00 – $16.00 / per hour
Education: AS/BA/BS in Ag related field
Experience: 1-2 year of analytical Sustainable Food agriculture experience, knowledge of WordPress and website development, competency in MS Suites, must possess strong Critical Thinking abilities.
Report to: Senior Project Manager and/or Project Manager of Sustainable Food Group
The individual in this position will work with project teams, project partners, clients and project scientists to manage, develop and evaluate activities that help advance sustainable agriculture.
The ideal candidate will have excellent (data) analytical skills, strong attention to detail, project management experience and knowledge in and demonstrated commitment to sustainable agriculture,. Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office are essential. Spanish language skills are a plus.
Flexible schedule, 35- 40 hours per week, hourly compensation commensurate with skills and experience. Our growth provides for excellent opportunities for long-term advancement. Benefits include health insurance, retirement plan, and paid vacation and holidays. Located on the near east side of Madison.
The IPM Institute of North America, Inc. is a non-profit organization formed in 1998. Our mission is to improve sustainability in agriculture and communities by using the power of the marketplace. Our Sustainable Food Group team works on more than a dozen projects to increase adoption of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and other sustainability best practices that reduce risks to health and the environment from pesticide and nutrient use in agriculture and communities, improve working conditions, soil health, water and air quality.
Support the IPM Institute of North America and it’s subsidiaries:
· Sustainable Food Group (SFG), projects including supply chain program development, operation, verification and support in order to improve human health, the environment and economics through greater adoption of IPM and other sustainable agricultural practices. Report to project manager.
· Green Shield Certified (GSC), updating resource center, website updates, distribution of certificates, support in development
· Midwest Grows Green (MGG), coordinating/supporting webinars, distribution of resources, website updates
· Partnership for Ag Resource Management (PARM), distribution of resource materials, coordinating/supporting webinars, supporting lead, website updates
· Support Director and CFO on tasks
1. Support work with food companies to research, develop and implement sustainability initiatives.
2. Support communication with project partners including call scheduling, agenda development and capturing call minutes and action items on conference calls.
3. Support website, social media, communication and outreach.
4. Acquire and apply necessary content expertise through training, professional development and secondary research.
1. Participate in strategic planning.
2. Represent our organization and work to partners, potential partners, agencies, organizations and the general public.
3. Maintain productive relationships with team, collaborators, clients and funders.
4. Maintain a working knowledge of challenges, opportunities and trends in agriculture.
5. Maintain all contacts in the Access contact database as they occur and on no less than a monthly basis.
6. Work with director, bookkeeping and accounting staff to set and meet budgets
7. Follow writing style guide and office manual procedures.
8. Respond to requests from director, office manager and staff to support Institute projects as needed.
9. Respond to inquiries professionally and in a timely manner.
10. Meet requirements for confidentiality and non-disclosure.
11. Maintain a neat and clean workspace
12. Provide courteous and professional telephone reception as needed.
13. Participate in self-performance reviews including updating position description, setting short and long-term project and professional development objectives, identifying strengths and opportunities, and evaluating performance against objectives.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org