Location: Preference is to locate this position at a home office in Minnesota or North Dakota. For the right candidate, we may consider additional location options.
Start Date: Hiring preference will go to candidates available to start in early to mid-January; some flexibility of start date exists.
The Xerces Society manages the largest and most advanced pollinator conservation program in the world and we offer unparalleled career opportunities for participating in some of the most cutting-edge wildlife conservation happening today.
Reporting to the Xerces Society Pollinator Conservation Program Co-Director (Eric Lee-Mäder), and in collaboration with private sector partners, the Pollinator Conservation Specialist / Agronomist will:
• Coordinate day to day operations of pollinator habitat enhancement and establishment across thousands of acres of farmland in the Upper Midwest, Northern Plains, and Prairie Provinces of Canada
• Develop and consistently improve habitat establishment methodology in pasture and cropland settings
• Provide regular habitat restoration technical support to other farmers, partner organizations, and other Xerces staff
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with farmers including remote technical assistance and encouragement to ensure successful project completion
• Source plant materials for habitat projects in both the U.S. and Canada
• Collaboration with grain processors and conservation agencies including the USDA-NRCS and Canadian Conservation Districts to recruit farmers for pollinator habitat establishment
• Foster excellent relationships with seed industry partners and suppliers
• Support Xerces’ partners with science-based advice and consulting on restoration practice, seed sourcing and other aspects of habitat restoration
More information: Pollinator Specialist Agronomist