IPM Institute of North America is a non-profit formed to focus on improving sustainability in agriculture and throughout communities.
For over 20 years, we have been working with food companies, growers, schools, NGOs and many others on a wide range of projects including reducing pesticide use through Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
Featured Projects and Initiatives
More projects and initiatives of the IPM Institute of North America can be found here.
Sustainable Food Group is a proud part of the IPM Institute of North America. The team focuses on a broad range of sustainability and agricultural issues in order to help food and agriculture companies create high-impact, sustainable outcomes for their business, people and the environment.
Partnership for Ag Resource Management (PARM) works with ag retailers to improve management of our key soil, nutrient and crop-protection resources by keeping them on our cropland and out of our streams, rivers and lakes. In both the Great Lakes and Mississippi River Basins, PARM is working with ag retailers, farmers, watershed organizations, Extension, state agencies, non-operator landowners and scientists.
School IPM is an approach for controlling pest problems without unnecessary pesticide use.With students spending 25% of the time they are awake in schools it’s important for it be a healthy environment where learning can thrive. The American Academy of Pediatrics advocates for application of least-toxic pesticides by using IPM Principles.
- Two pesticides approved for use in US harmful to beesResearchers at The University of Texas at Austin reviewed nineteen studies from the last five… Read more »
- Cleaning and Disinfecting in Schools During a Pandemic – Webcast for SchoolsThis national webinar is being hosted by the American Federation of Teachers and features Lynn… Read more »
- California Funds Research on Chlorpyrifos AlternativesCalifornia will spend $2.1 million in funding to research safer alternatives to the insecticide chlorpyrifos,… Read more »
- Democrats Introduce Bill to Strengthen Pesticide ProtectionsHouse and Senate Democrats will unveil legislation today that would allow the public to petition… Read more »
- Major Canadian Grain Processor Will No Longer Accept Pre-Harvest Glyphosate-Desiccated OatsRichardson International, a major Canadian grain processor will no longer accept glyphosate-treated oat crops starting… Read more »
- United States and Brazil Lodge Protests with Thailand Over Insecticide BansEarly this month, Thailand passed a ban on two pesticides, paraquat and chlorpyrifos. This triggered… Read more »