IPM Institute of North America is a non-profit formed to focus on improving sustainability in agriculture and throughout communities.
For over 20 years, IPM Institute has been working with food companies, growers, schools, NGOs and many others on a wide range of projects focused on driving progress in sustainability. We can help organizations meaningfully address pesticide risks, pollinator health, advance regenerative agriculture, develop eco-labels and more. We develop sustainability strategies and field-to-retailer programs, supply chain questionnaires and tools to monitor progress; we conduct innovative research and build unique partnerships; we turn ideas into action, no matter how complicated it might seem.
Featured below are three of our programs. More programs, projects and initiatives of the IPM Institute of North America can be found here.
Sustainable Food Group (SFG)
SFG focuses on a broad range of sustainability and agricultural issues to help food and agriculture companies create high impact sustainability goals, assess and decrease pesticide risks across the supply chain, implement regenerative agriculture and more.
Partnership for Ag Resource Management (PARM)
PARM works with ag retailers to improve management of our key soil, nutrient and crop-protection resources by keeping them on our cropland and out of our streams, rivers and lakes.
School IPM aims to educate school employees about the benefits of integrated pest management while reducing pest problems and improving pest management practices in all of our nation’s schools.
- The Urban Rodent Academy Returns!The City of New Orleans Mosquito, Termite and Rodent Control Board and the Greater New Orleans Pest… Read more »
- Nature-Friendly Farming Does Not Reduce Productivity, Study FindsResults of 10-year project reveal that rewilding areas can boost biodiversity and crop yields Putting… Read more »
- Viruses Can Change Your Scent to Make You More Attractive to Mosquitoes, New Research in Mice FindsMosquitoes are the world’s deadliest animal. Over 1 million deaths per year are attributed to mosquito-borne diseases, including malaria,… Read more »
- Pollinator Haven: Create a Toxin-Free Yard for Critical CrittersThe IPM Institute of North America’s community integrated pest management manager, Ryan Anderson, discussed managing… Read more »
- Pesticides Are Spreading Toxic ‘Forever Chemicals,’ Scientists WarnScientists have been raising growing concerns for decades over the use of toxic “forever chemicals,”… Read more »
- California Court Ruling Opens Door for Protection of Insects as Endangered SpeciesA California court has ruled that state legislation on endangered species can apply to invertebrates. The decision… Read more »