Human health pests like ticks, cockroaches and bed bugs will prominently be featured during the 9th International Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Symposium, March 19-22, 2018 at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel in Baltimore, Maryland USA. Those who register by February 19 will pay a reduced price.
Opening Keynote Speaker
Dr. Dini M. Miller, internationally recognized expert in the area of urban pest management, opens the symposium with a keynote address on Monday, March 19 at 5:00 PM. Miller specializes in bed bug and German cockroach biology, behavior, and control and is Professor, Virginia Tech University, and Urban Pest Management Specialist, State of Virginia.
Other highlights include:
- Presentations specifically designed for practitioners of IPM in agriculture and community settings
- Latest information on Integrated Tick Management
- Mini-symposia featuring experts addressing hot topics in the IPM field
- CCA credits available – 25 CCA CEUs in IPM category, 5 CCA CEUs in the professional development category
- Over 170 poster presentations of research and best practices
- Field trips to see IPM in action in downtown Baltimore
- Exhibits from leading IPM suppliers
- Post-symposium workshop on evaluation IPM programs
Register by February 19 and take advantage of the early bird price of $375. The registration fee includes admission to all symposium sessions, Wednesday poster session reception, three continental breakfasts, and refreshment breaks. Fees will increase after February 19. For registration visit https://ipmsymposium.org/2018/registration.html
Accommodation information can be found on the website: https://ipmsymposium.org/2018/accommodations.html. The room block is released February 19; don’t miss out on staying at the symposium hotel, Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, 202 East Pratt Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21202 USA.
Exhibit space still available: Don’t miss this opportunity to promote your organization’s products, mission and services to an audience of pest management scientists, researchers, practitioners, and professionals. Rate increases after February 1. More information available here: https://ipmsymposium.org/2018/sponsors_exhibitors.html
Meeting space is still available for groups or organizations to meet before/after the Symposium. Meeting rooms are also available in the evenings during the event for informal conferences. Sunday and Friday space will be released back to the hotel on February 1.
Please share this announcement with your colleagues.
Contact Michelle Marquart, Symposium Coordinator to learn more about attending, exhibiting at or contributing to the Symposium.