NOFA-NY Certified Organic, LLC is a USDA-accredited organic certification agency, whose primary purpose is to provide high integrity organic certification to over 1,000 organic farmers and processors throughout New York State and surrounding areas. We have been the primary organic certification program in New York State since 1984.
The Certification Director provides leadership and oversight to grow and continually improve the NOFA-NY organic certification program. They are responsible for managing and overseeing certification processes, resources and outcomes. The Director maintains the integrity of the certification program and ensures compliance to the USDA National Organic Program Regulations while providing exceptional customer service. Director collaborates with the parent company, (NOFA-NY-INC), staff, inspectors, applicants, and Management Committee to design and execute program. The starting salary for this exempt position of $60-$70K depending on experience along with annual pay increases. Benefits include healthcare, dental and 403(b) as well as generous paid holidays/vacation time. Be a part of a growing company working with a dedicated team that supports local organic food and farming.
More information: https://www.nofany.org/about-us/opportunities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Executive Duties
- Demonstrate executive presence, convene meetings & interface with staff (in house staff, remote staff, and infield inspectors) and certification applicants.
- Demonstrate expertise, ensure that certification service-level standards are met, develop and enforce the established policies, guarantee superior customer service and comply with certification requirements.
- Develop and oversee program budget revenue and expenses.
- Monitor new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Report to Management Committee, and serve as a representative of the organization at sponsored programs and conferences regarding the certification process.
Interface with the parent Company Board and Staff.
B. Staff Management
- Define staff accountability, establish performance objectives, provide training and guidance, and ensure that all policies are understood and are adhered to.
- Oversee education, training, and/or information on policies, procedures, and practices related to the certification program.
- Ensure effective communication and seamless customer service experience to certification applicants.
- Recruit, interview and select employees, contract inspectors, and contract auditors.
- Identification and appropriate resolution of employee and/or applicant compliant or issues.
C. Quality Standards Maintenance
- Lead the certification program, oversee processes, meet quality standards and achieve performance outcomes.
- Ensure compliance with USDA administrative requirements.
- Oversee and/or maintain the certification files, reports and tracking methods to meet regulations and internal standards.
- Collaborate and monitor NOP and financial audit requirements to ensure compliance to policies and procedures.
- Develop monitoring systems, create and track certification metrics to identify trends and leverage the findings to improve the program operation.
- Develop strategies for outreach to demonstrate and promote value of certification.
- Identify certification growth opportunities and strategies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, or other certification-related field, or five or more years experience in certification or related management field.
- Knowledge of U.S. organic certification programs, standards and requirements a plus.
- Knowledge of organic farming and familiarity with production systems, including vegetable, livestock, dairy, fruit production, as well as food processes desired.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing customer service inquiries and disputes.
- Enthusiastic approach, self-reliant and the ability to work successfully with minimal supervision are critical to success.
- Proven relationship building skills. Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals.
- Exceptional time and project management ability and highly detail-oriented
- Strong presentation skill
- Ability to work in a small, fast-paced office environment and constantly striving toward service improvement and standards of excellence.
- Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results.
COMMUNICATION AND CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
- Superior attention to detail, organizational and follow up skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate resourceful, creative and strong problem-solving techniques.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proficient: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- QuickBooks and Database Management a plus
For information regarding our organization, please visit http//www.nofany.org.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to email a resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOFA-NY is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com