Website IPM Institute of North America
A full-time resource management specialist position is available with a rapidly growing, independent non-profit organization working to improve agriculture and communities through integrated pest management, nutrient management and other best practices. The primary responsibility for this position is to lead on-the-ground educational outreach in the Mankato, MN area and promote adoption of products and services that ag retailers can offer to improve water quality. The specialist will work to build and maintain strong relationships with both ag retailers and partners. This effort is spearheaded by the Partnership for Ag Resource Management, www.partnershipfarm.org, a program of the IPM Institute of North America, to improve water quality and soil health in the Mississippi River and Great Lakes Basins.
The ideal candidate will be persistent and outgoing and have experience in agricultural stewardship. Ag retail industry experience is preferred.
- Implement program objectives to increase the use of products and services – such as cover crops – offered by ag retailers that promote improved water quality and soil health.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with stakeholders including ag retailers, Extension specialists and local Soil and Water Conservation Districts.
- Regularly participate in in-person meetings, produce and distribute project materials, conduct surveys and collect evaluations.
- Participate in strategic planning and collaboration with team members.
- Maintain a working knowledge of challenges, opportunities and trends in agricultural stewardship and the ag retail industry.
- Report to Sr. Resource Management Specialist.
Experience and qualifications:
- Agronomy MS or BS preferred or familiarity with agricultural production and cover cropping systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, networking, outreach and decision-making skills.
- Ability to use cold calls to establish relationships with new clients.
- Highly motivated and self-directed; ability to work under deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental stewardship and ag resource management.
- Ability to work creatively and adaptively to achieve project goals.
Flexible 40 hours per week schedule. Wages commensurate with experience. Benefits available include health insurance, dental, SIMPLE IRA plan and paid time off. The selected candidate will work in or near the Mankato, MN area, with regular opportunity to interact with others in-person.
Please submit resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications and including three professional references and salary history to Mark Adelsberger at firstname.lastname@example.org or the address below. We will not contact references without prior approval. All applications will be held in confidence. The position will remain open until filled.