The North Central Region – Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program (NCR-SARE) is seeking nominees* for the following seats on its Administrative Council as follows:
• At-large representative of an agriculture college or university**
• Non-profit organization representative from a non-profit with demonstrable expertise on sustainable agriculture
• Representative of agribusiness
* Council members must live and work in one of the 12 states that comprise the North Central SARE region. Those states are IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, ND, NE, OH, SD, and WI.
**The at-large representative of an agriculture college or university can be primarily a researcher or educator.
NCR-SARE’s Administrative Council represents various agricultural sectors, states, and organizations. It sets program priorities and makes granting decisions for the region. A collection of farm and non-farm residents, the Administrative Council includes a diverse mix of agricultural stakeholders in our 12 states. Council members come from regional farms and ranches, university extension and research programs, and nonprofits. In addition, the Administrative Council includes regional representatives of the U.S. Geological Survey, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the Natural Resources Conservation Service, state agencies, and agribusinesses.
The term for each of these SARE Administrative Council slots is three years, with the first meeting for new Council members being July 10-12, 2018. Council members attend two meetings a year, typically 2-3 day meetings in July and February at various Midwest locations, and also participate in a few conference calls each year. Travel expenses are fully covered for travel to Administrative Council meetings. Nominees should have a basic understanding of sustainable agriculture and be comfortable with reviewing grant proposals and participating in a group decision-making process. More information about NCR-SARE and the Administrative Council is online at http://www.northcentralsare.org/About-Us/NCR-SARE-Leadership-and-Policy
Please note that members of the Administrative Council are not eligible to apply for SARE funding during their time on the Administrative Council.
To nominate yourself for a seat on the NCR-SARE Administrative Council, submit the following information using our online form by December 5th, 2017.
• the nominee’s areas of interest or focus in sustainable agriculture
• why the nominee is interested in serving on NCR-SARE’s Administrative Council
• the nominee’s experience, affiliations and/or qualifications
To nominate someone else for a seat on the NCR-SARE Administrative Council, please email the name and contact information for the nominee to Jean Andreasen and she will contact them to solicit an application.
Nominations should be submitted online. We will acknowledge receipt of the materials and send a reply regarding the outcome of the election by late February 2018.