This page corresponds to Appendix L. School IPM Toolbox in the School IPM 2020 Strategic Plan.
The following tools were compiled primarily by Dr. Dawn Gouge and Jennifer Snyder, University of Arizona in 2007 with support from US EPA Office of Pesticide Programs. Additional tools were contributed by working group members and others. A number of these tools can also be found with additional tools including short videos athttp://schoolipm.ifas.ufl.edu/toolbox.html
1. Model IPM Program Documents and Technical Guides
IPM Policy [.doc] IPM Policy Version Two [.doc] IPM Pest Monitoring Protocol [.doc] Architectural Guidelines [.doc] New Construction Specifications [.doc] Guide to Contracting with a Pest Management Professional [.doc] Best School IPM Implementation Manuals [.doc]
- Outdoor IPM for Maine Schools. University of Maine Cooperative Extension
- School IPM Manual. New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
- IPM for Pennsylvania Schools – A How-To Manual. Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture and the Pennsylvania State University College of Agricultural Sciences.
- IPM for North Carolina Schools Manual. North Carolina State University.
- IPM and Notification Handbook. Safer Pest Control Program.
- IPM Standards for Schools: A Program for Reducing Pest and Pesticide Risks in Schools and Other Sensitive Environments. IPM Institute of North America.
- IPM for Schools: A How-To Manual. University of Nebraska.
- California School IPM Model Program Guidebook. California Department of Pesticide Regulation.
- IPM for Schools: A How-To Manual. United States Environmental Protection Agency, Region 9.
Sources of IPM Fact Sheets for Specific Pests [.doc]
California Department of Pesticide Regulation pest management guide book with fact sheets
Cornell Cooperative Extension fact sheet
Iowa State University IPM fact sheet
Minnesota Department of Agriculture fact sheets
Ohio Online fact sheets
Pennsylvania State University insect fact sheets
Rutgers University Cooperative Extension household pests fact sheets:
Texas A & M University Cooperative Extension fact sheets
University of California IPM fact sheets
University of Florida school IPM fact sheets
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University insect fact sheets
Washington State University and partners Urban Pesticide Education Strategy Team insect fact sheets
US EPA School IPM
IPM Institute of North America, Inc.
IPM Pest Monitoring Protocol [.doc] Evaluating your IPM Program [.doc] IPM Program Flier [.doc] Pesticide Application Notice [.doc]
2. IPM Checklists
IPM Self-Inspection Sheet [.xls] Corrective Action Needed Notice [.doc] School IPM Audit Checklist [.doc] School IPM Audit Report Template [.doc]
3. Model Indoor Air Quality Checklists
Administrative Staff Checklist [.doc] Building Maintenance Checklist [.doc] Food Service Checklist [.doc] IPM Checklist [.doc] Renovation and Repair Checklist [.doc] School Official Checklist [.doc] Ventilation Checklist [.doc] Walkthrough Checklist [.doc]
4. Model Pest Sighting Logs
Kitchen [.doc] Main Office [.doc] Staff Lounge [.doc]
5. Powerpoint Presentations
Introduction to IPM [.ppt] Asthma and School IAQ & IPM [.ppt] School IPM for Custodians [.ppt] School IPM for Faculty [.ppt] School IPM for Kitchens [.ppt] School IPM for Maintenance and Grounds Staff [.ppt] School IPM for Students [.ppt] Assorted Posters [.ppt]
6. Other Visual Aids
Pest Conducive Conditions Wheel, V1 Base (US EPA) [.jpg] Pest Conducive Conditions Wheel, Middle [.jpg] Pest Conducive Conditions Wheel, Top [.jpg]
7. Model IPM Training Curricula for Pest Managers and School Professionals
The following curricula were developed by Bill and Jean Currie of the International Pest Management Institute (docs without links in preparation):
Area Facility Managers [.doc] [PDF] Area Food Service Supervisors [.doc] [PDF] Area Operations Supervisors [.doc] [PDF] Cafeteria Managers [.doc] [PDF] Cafeteria Training Specialists [.doc] [PDF] Carpenters [.doc] [PDF] Complex Project Managers [.doc] [PDF] Delivery Staff [.doc] [PDF] Electricians [.doc] [PDF] Floor Covering Installers [.doc] [PDF] Gardeners [.doc] [PDF] HVAC Installers [.doc] [PDF] Local District Facilities Directors [.doc] [PDF] Manufacturing Kitchen Staff [.doc] [PDF] Nurses [.doc] [PDF] Nutrition Center Staff [.doc] [PDF] Nutrition Specialists [.doc] [PDF] Painters [.doc] [PDF] Plant Managers [.doc] [PDF] Plumbers [.doc] [PDF] Pest Management Technicians [.doc] [PDF] Principals [.doc] [PDF] Project Managers [.doc] [PDF] Roofers [.doc] [PDF] Sheet Metal Installers [.doc] [PDF] Teachers [.doc] [PDF] Tree Trimmers [.doc] [PDF] Warehouse Staff [.doc] [PDF]
The following pest-specific curricula were developed by California Department of Pesticide Regulation and are available at http://www.cdpr.ca.gov/cfdocs/apps/schoolipm/training/main.cfm#curricula
Burrowing rodents [PDF] Landscape weeds [PDF] Structural IPM [PDF] Turf weeds [PDF] Yellowjackets [PDF]